What is Procurement / Goods Not For Resale in ASDA?
Procurement brings together the purchase of all goods and services that are not for re-sale, in other words anything that we don't sell to customers in our shops. We spend £1.7bn a year in this area, across more than 10,000 products and 2,000 suppliers. Our team works cross-functionally to negotiate best value on products and services, driving down costs so that we can save customers money so that they can live better.
Procurement is categorised into a number of teams:
- Packaging & Operations: managing consumable spend for stores and depots such as stretch film, bags for life and stationery.
- Technology: the procurement of hardware, software, telecoms and associated services
- Marketing: including PR, media, insight, point of sale, print, digital, radio, creative services and packaging design
- Logistics: managing fleet, haulage, freight, MHE and warehousing services
- Energy, environment and business services
- Capital equipment: fixtures and equipment for new store builds, remodels or extension, capital requirements for our depots and facilities management services.
- We are a customer led, local and responsible retailer
- We save every penny we can to help reduce the cost of living for our customers through delivering low prices permanently
- We are a supermarket with an environmentally responsible and sustainable sourcing model
- We are constantly looking for opportunities to drive value
- We will passionately work to one best way
- We strive for open, honest, responsible and effective relationships.
If you are interested in supplying Asda with any of these GNFR categories, please complete the form below.
If you have a query please contact Asda here.